The Mikrotik RB5009 Series is one of the most powerful home lab routers which was inspired by the feedback from Mikrotik User Meetings (MUM).
Related: UniFi POE Switch (US-16-150W)
Table of Contents
- Mikrotik RB5009UG+S+IN
- RB5009 Features
- Redundant Power Options
- Mikrotik RB5009UG+S+IN Review
- SFP+ Compatibility
- Perfect Home Lab Router
The RB5009UG+S+IN features a total of 9 ports which are connected to the Marvel 88E6393 Switch chip.
This switch chip has a 10 Gigabit full duplex line to Marvell 88F7040 Quad-Core ARMv8 CPU that runs at 1.4Ghz. Both CPU & Switch chips are located at the bottom of the board so that the metallic case can be used as a massive heat sync.
The Mikrotik 5009 comes with 1GB DDR4 ram & 1GB of NAND storage.
- 7x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 1x 2.5G Ethernet Port
- 10G SFP+ Port
- Durable Metallic Case
- More Powerful Quad-Core CPU
- 1GB DDR4 Ram
- 1GB NAND Storage
- RouterOS v7 only
- Cpu temperature monitor
- Passive Cooling
- Full sized USB-A
- Can fit Up to 4 devices in 1U
- Redundant power supply
Redundant Power Options
The Mikrotik Routerboard RB5009UG+S+IN can be powered in 3 different ways:
- 802.3af/at PoE-in from Ethernet port 1
- DC Jack
- A 2-pin terminal on the side
|CPU||88F7040 1.4 GHz|
|CPU architecture||ARM 64bit|
|CPU core count||4|
|Size of RAM||1 GB|
|Storage||1 GB, NAND|
|Number of 1G Ethernet ports||7|
|Number of 2.5G Ethernet ports||1|
|Number of 10G SFP+ ports||1|
|USB port||1 ( USB 3.0 type A)|
|Operating system||RouterOS v7 only|
|Switch chip model||88E6393|
|Dimensions||220 x 125 x 22 mm|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to +60°C|
Related: Raisecom ISCOM HT-803-N
Mikrotik RB5009UG+S+IN Review
The Mikrotik RB5009 is a perfect home lab router that can handle heavy CPU loads. Mikrotik has really taken these router boards to the next level in performance, beating several other brands in the price range.
The Mikrotik Router Board is powered by Router OS which is a very powerful system that provides you with all the facilities like an Internet Service Provider.
The Router is powered by a Quad Core Processor and has 1 GB of RAM with 1 GB of Storage.
- S-RJ01 – RJ45 SFP 10/100/1000M copper module
- S-85DLC05D – SFP (1.25G) module, 550m, Multi Mode
- S-31DLC20D – SFP (1.25G) module, 20KM, Single Mode
- S-3553LC20D – Two SFP (1.25G) module kits, 20Km, single mode
- S-55DLC80D – SFP 1.25G module for 80km links with Dual LC-connector
- S-4554LC80D – Pair of SFP 1.25G modules for 80km links with Single LC connectors
- SFP CWDM
- SFP 1m/3m DAC – SFP+ direct attach cable
- S+AO0005 – SFP+ Active Optics direct attach cable, 5m
- SFP28 1m/3m DAC – Direct attach cable that supports not only SFP 1G and SFP+ 10G but also the 25G SFP28 standard
Perfect Home Lab Router
are Mikrotik routers good?
The Mikrotik routerboard uses RouterOS which is very powerful and provides you with all functions of an ISP.
Where is Mikrotk Made?
The Mikrotik Routers are manufactured in Latvia, Northern Europe.
How to factory reset Mikrotik routerboard?
To reset a Mikrotik router, press and hold the physical reset button in the router until it resets.
Does Mikrotik RB5009 have WiFi?
The Mikrotik Routerboard RB5009 is an ethernet router and it does not have any wireless radio built into it. Hence it cannot broadcast any WiFi.
Mikrotik RB5009UG+S+IN Router
Powered by a Quad Core CPU, 1GB RAM, 1GB NAND Storage, Eight Gigabit Ethernet Ports including a 2.5G Ethernet Port, 10G SFP+, a USB 3.0 Port, and a reliable Redundant Power Supply, the Mikrotik RB5009 is the a robust home lab router.